Mechanical Engineering Technology
Cégep de Saint-Laurent
Two possible options:
Length: 3 years
Number of hours: 2,790
Work-study format a possibility.
Cégep de Sherbrooke
Offered in work-study format
This program will teach you to design, analyze and manage a project, as well as to plan, implement and control the manufacturing of a product. You will emerge versatile, in addition to possessing other valuable skills, through the two years of the common core and the two options for completion of studies: the Mechanical Manufacture option and the Mechanical Design Drafting option. At the end of your studies, you will have good knowledge of materials, how they behave, their properties, as well as processing and machining techniques. In addition, you will be able to produce 2-D and 3-D computer-aided drawings.
Cégep du Vieux Montréal
Mechanical Engineering Technology – Mechanical Manufacture option
This program offers training that is closely tied to real business needs and gives you access to Quebec’s largest mechanical engineering department. The professors are experienced and in ongoing contact with the industrial sphere. In addition, they are available and love to share their knowledge and know-how in the field with students.
In mechanical engineering, you develop a wide range of skills, including drawing with AutoCAD and 3-D design using Catia software. You also get to explore how computer-controlled (CNC) machines and robots operate, using cutting-edge software like Automation Studio and Mastercam.
Cégep de Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
– Prepare detailed technical drawings of machines and mechanical parts.
– Design assembly and production control tools
– Use computer-aided design (CAD) techniques and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) techniques.
– Analyze drawings, specifications and other technical data.
– Perform calculations to determine methods of construction, operation and maintenance.
Graduates in Mechanical Engineering Technology are in high demand in industrial sectors as diverse as aerospace , pulp and paper mills, and foundries.
Cégep de Saint-Jérôme
Why choose CSTJ?
– A proven program that prepares you to master the various facets of the work: design, manufacturing, quality assurance and automation.
– A current program that is connected to the needs of the market. The mechanical engineering program was developed in keeping with regional needs.
– Collaborations with local businesses on projects will allow you to build relationships with them. Your diploma will become a veritable passport to employment!
– Labs located in a single building. Faculty offices are near the cafeteria, a place of exchange par excellence.
– There is the possibility of two 12-week in-company internships with the Cooperative Work-Study program.